Creative learners are confident learners and the performing arts offer a unique and dynamic platform for creativity and self-expression. Our professional facility, opened in 2014, features:
- a 750 seat acoustically designed, tiered theatre
- large stage, hydraulically operated orchestra pit, sound and lighting box
- foyers to seat 250 people restaurant style or accommodate 750 people - including an alfresco foyer
- catering kitchen
- separate rest room facilities for students and public
- 7 learning spaces, including a computer lab, a keyboard lab and a spacious drama studio
- additional large orchestra rehearsal room, connected by a recording studio to a medium rehearsal room
- 10 music tutorial rooms
- large instrument stores
- box office, manager’s office and staff accommodation
The foyer features an original 25 metre artwork by nationally renowned local artist Neale Joseph.
Hire of the Performing Arts Centre
A major $3m upgrade of the Science facilities, providing 7 state-of-the-art laboratories, was completed in May 2012. Features include
- 2 new laboratories and 3 general learning areas
- 5 laboratories were refurbished and extended
- Laboratories have wireless access, interactive smart boards and flexible seating
- Glass splashbacks around the work benches for recording results
- Enhanced preparation areas and staff rooms
- New lift, ramps and steps
- Internal corridors house display cabinets for scientific models and apparatus
- Laboratories are energy efficient and environmentally sustainable
- The Science building development has been designed to achieve a 4 star Green Star Education Design rating from the Green Building Council of Australia, representing best practise environmental design.
Library and Lecture Theatre
Opened in 2010, this spacious, passive-solar designed learning environment provides a significant boost to information resources for teaching and learning across K-12. Facilities include age-appropriate resources in dedicated areas for Junior and Senior students, 4 tutorial rooms, 2 reading pits and audiovisual and photocopying facilities. The complex houses a technology laboratory with 36 terminals, 4 online public access terminals and wireless access for Notebook computers. An integral part of the facility is a semi-circular, tiered Lecture Theatre.
In 2011, 168 solar panels were installed on the Library roof, funded by both the Commonwealth Government's National Solar Schools Program and our school community. The system is 34,706kWh, making it one of the largest school solar systems in Australia.
A W Elliot Art & Technology (ARTEC)
The building houses Industrial Technology, Textile Technology, Food Technology, Junior and Senior Visual Art and a photography dark room. Its verandas and outdoor art spaces overlook the picturesque Vision Splendid pond and playing fields.
Year 12 Centre
Set in its own tranquil grounds, our Year 12 Centre enables senior students to withdraw from the main school to study and socialise in an adult environment. The Centre provides a collegiate atmosphere and supports the needs of Year 12 students as they prepare for their final examinations.
Richard Lornie Centre (RLC)
A multi-purpose sports hall and gymnasium, the RLC was opened in 2003. The Centre is used for sport, PE, whole-school assemblies, School Service, concerts and community functions. It also houses an industrial kitchen and classrooms.
3 rugby ovals, 2 cricket ovals and nets, football oval, hockey oval, tennis courts, indoor basketball courts, netball courts and a cross country track.
Multipurpose Sports Field
The full-sized, floodlit, all weather field has a wet-dressed playing surface suitable for a variety of sports codes and is of a standard that allows both national and international play. Opened in 2009, this facility is used by the school, by local clubs for matches and training and by visiting schools from Sydney and beyond.
New Kindergarten classrooms
3 brand new kindergarten classrooms were opened in 2016. The bright and colourful rooms feature furniture which can be configured into unique instructional spaces, spacious rooms which allows for flexible learning centres and group work and interior semi glass doors that can be completely opened to give teachers access to across the grade teaching/learning when and where appropriate.
CCGS offers a range of facilities and services to support and complement the use of ICT across teaching and learning:
- Kindergarten to Year 4 have 6 x PC's in each classroom with a comprehensive software suite for small group learning
- Years 5 to 9 have dedicated one-to-one notebooks with an extensive software suite, plus a loan pool to ensure students have no downtime from virus or hardware problems
- Year 12 have dedicated one-to-one iPads
- iPad carts & laptop trolleys through the school available for all teachers to use
- 5 Computer Labs throughout the school all equipped with fast, new widescreen Dell PC's - one of them includes specialist graphics cards for digital video editing and another has electronic keyboards connected for music recording and editing
- Interactive Whiteboards (Smartboards) and Digital Projectors in classrooms to enhance the presentation of lessons with purpose-built furniture for students with notebooks
- A high-speed high-definition Video Conferencing System for remote learning and 'real time' collaboration
- Our Library includes 40+ PC's in booths and an extensive range of software to assist students with their research and learning
- A high speed Wireless Network coupled to modern fibre optic network connecting all buildings allows Notebook, iPad & BYOD students 'anywhere - anytime' access to resources on the school network
- An online video streaming system allows students to view hundreds of educational videos from anywhere within the school
- Onsite ICT Helpdesk manned by expert staff to assist with student IT problems
Specialised technology integration is offered in:
- Art - digital photography and editing tools
- Music - electronic keyboards linked to computers
- Science - digital probes to allow 'real time' collection and analysis of scientific data.
Our Founders had in mind a peaceful, spacious and inspiring learning environment when they chose our parkland setting. CCGS is nestled on a hillside overlooking the picturesque Matcham Valley at Erina Heights on the scenic Central Coast. Our students have so much space to explore, play, think and reflect. Far away from the hustle and bustle yet close enough to transport, shopping precincts and beaches, CCGS is readily accessible by car and public transport.
Much thought was given to planning the campus to consider the needs of students at their varying stages of development, with classrooms blocks dotting the hillside according to age: K-2, 3-6, 7-9 and 10-12. Our youngest students are tucked away in a nurturing environment in a cosy corner of the campus on the lower ground level. At the opposite end of the campus, on the highest level, Year 12 students enjoy their quiet place among towering trees and native gardens. The heartbeat of learning resides at the campus centre in the magnificent Library while the Vision Splendid gardens and pond provide a place of tranquillity and reflection adjacent to the rolling sporting fields that spread the width of the campus.
Hire of Facilities
If you are interested in holding an event at CCGS or hiring the facilities please contact:
Performing Arts Centre
Director of Performing Arts
(02) 4367 6766
Hire of the Performing Arts Centre - Expression of Interest
Hire of the Performing Arts Centre - Rate Schedule (2016)
All other facilities
Facilities and Services Manager
(02) 4367 6766