At Central Coast Grammar School we are wholeheartedly committed to creating and maintaining a sustainable planet for future generations.
CCGS is in a privileged position in terms of its location in a natural bushland environment and close proximity to the ocean. Since its inception, our school has given high priority to ensuring that its buildings and grounds are of the highest quality and are continually improved. We are committed to continuing to build upon our distinctive advantage and ensure that the future development of our school is ecologically sensitive and represents best practice in environmental management. It is equally important that our students graduate with an appreciation of the global and local environment in which they live.
Specific environmental strategies we have in place include:
- A K-10 school program in environmental education that offers opportunities for students to contribute to environmental issues beyond our school
- Energy and water saving initiatives
- Professional learning opportunities for teachers to enhance their personal understanding of how they may incorporate environmental issues across the curriculum
- Environmentally sound building practices
- Consistent nurturing of our school’s natural environment
- Encouraging parent and community led environmental initiatives
Students care for our environment
11 year old student, Skye, takes an uplifting look at caring for our environment through clever and creative recycling and talks about her inspiration - teacher and environmental artist Judith Price.
Solar panels on Library
During 2011 170 solar panels were installed on our Library roof, funded by both the Commonwealth Government's National Solar Schools Program and the school community. The system is 31.64kW, making it one of the largest school solar systems in Australia.