Shortlisted candidates must submit a portfolio of their documented achievements to CCGS prior to an interview with the appropriate Head of School. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted at the end of Term 1, 2022 to arrange an interview time.
Shortlisted candidates who are eligible for a means-tested scholarship are required to submit financial documentation such as recent tax returns (past two years) and a statement of assets and liabilities. Please contact the Business Manager with any questions you may have: (02) 4385 8410.
All Rounder scholarships are available to students based on performance in the scholarship exam who have also demonstrated excellence across one or more of the following areas;
- Creative and Performing Arts (including visual arts, dance, drama, music)
- Debating and/or Public Speaking
- Citizenship (school and non-school based activities including leadership roles)
- Academic (school and non-school awards or competitions)
- Special Achievements (example: special commendations or awards for participation in the community, or outstanding individual accomplishments not included above)
Applicants must outline their achievements in their on-line application. Candidates shortlisted for interview must provide a portfolio to provide documented evidence (video format can also be supplied in addition to the hard copy portfolio) of student achievements.
- A high standard of excellence demonstrated across one or more of the eligibility areas above.
- Performance in the Scholarship Examination
After the results of the Scholarship Examination are available, students who have been placed on the shortlist will be asked to attend an interview at the school. Scholarship interviews are conducted at the end of Term 1 and beginning of Term 2, 2022. If students are not available during this time period to attend an interview, unfortunately they will not be considered for a scholarship as this may delay the selection and offer process. Applicants should ensure they have no conflicting commitments during this time period.
All Rounder scholarship holders are expected to be outstanding ambassadors for the school and are required to be fully and willingly involved in all aspects of school life.
Value of Scholarships
Scholarships cover remission of tuition fees only. Additional costs such as uniform items, computer notebook, textbooks, excursions and consolidated charges are not included. Means-tested scholarship recipients are exempt from paying most of the additional costs. The value of each scholarship may vary depending on the calibre of the candidate and may cover 100% of tuition fees, 75%, 50% or 25%. The school reserves the right to withhold a scholarship (in any year) if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. All scholarships are subject to annual review but are normally tenable for the length of the recipient’s education at the school, subject to continuing satisfactory progress, performance and attitude.
- The Scholarship Examinations will be held over two days at Central Coast Grammar School. Central Coast Grammar School students will sit the exam on Thursday 24 February 2022, and external students will sit the exam on Saturday 26 February 2022.
- Registration from 8.15 - 8.30am. Assemble at the Performing Arts Centre foyer, Arundel Road, Erina Heights.
- The examination will conclude at 12.30pm.
- Central Coast Grammar School students are required to remain at school following the examination and attend lessons until the end of the school day.
- External students are to be collected at 12.30pm from the Performing Arts Centre foyer.
- Students will sit an examination appropriate for their grade administered by an external examination company, Academic Assessment Services.
- As the examination relates to scholarships at Central Coast Grammar School only, applicants are unable to sit the examination at an alternative school campus.
- Unfortunately there can be no amendments to examination times due to the number of applicants and a tight schedule on the day. Applicants should ensure they have no conflicting commitments.
Drop Off and Pick-up - Safe Practices During COVID-19 Pandemic
Students' temperatures will be checked at registration and their names marked off prior to entering the examination hall.
Parents are asked to adhere to the following:
• Have your child at the Performing Arts Centre foyer from 8:15am – 8:30am for registration.
• Not accompany your child/ren to the registration area.
• Socially distance themselves from other parents and staff.
• External parents are to collect their child from the Performing Arts Centre foyer at 12:30pm. Only one parent is permitted on campus. We ask this is done in a quick and orderly manner.
Notification of Offer of Scholarship
A letter indicating whether the applicant has been successful or otherwise will be sent to the parents/guardian by the end of Term 2, 2022. The school does not provide feedback to parents on any aspect of the scholarship process. This includes the applicant’s performance in the scholarship examination, music aptitude test, music audition or any interview. Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the school and the school’s decision is final.
A $1,500 Scholarship Entrance Deposit will become payable by new families to the school on acceptance of an offer of a scholarship (means-tested scholarship recipients are exempt). This deposit is fully refundable without interest when your last child leaves the school. This is subject to parents having paid all monies due to the School and otherwise having complied with the Conditions of Enrolment. If the student’s enrolment is cancelled or if the student is withdrawn from the school prior to the end of Term 1, 2023 this deposit will not be refunded.
Students are shortlisted after the interview process. This list is kept active for 12 months from the date of the scholarship examination.