Dynamic new Senior College opens
Senior College students at Central Coast Grammar School started Term 2 in dynamic new facilities.
Located in the centre of the school campus, the new Senior College is a sophisticated and supportive home for emerging adults as they prepare for life beyond school.
“We have wasted no time in redeveloping K-2 facilities, vacated on the opening of our new Junior School in January, to create a nurturing home for our Senior College, with wellbeing and personal development at its heart,” said Headmaster Bill Low.
The new Senior College features:
- Senior College (Y10-12) administration centre
- Light filled, spacious, Year 12 study centre, with ergonomically designed furniture and learning technology on hand for collaboration or private study.
- Comfortable, stylish Year 12 common room with large kitchenette area and flexible furniture, flowing outdoors to landscaped gardens.
- Dedicated careers and international programs offices to support student future choices.
- Dynamic new senior learning spaces including new Social Sciences classrooms equipped with cutting-edge learning technology and moveable furniture to facilitate discussion and collaboration.
- New bathroom facilities including all access areas.
- Well-designed landscapes, with direct access to sports fields and dedicated student parking, featuring seated terraces, pavilions and verandas where students can meet and relax outdoors.
“Design principles throughout the development include sustainability, cutting edge technology and contemporary design. Natural materials with simple colours and textures complemented by controlled natural lighting and flexible furniture for multi-functioning learning environments provide dynamic spaces,” added Bill Low.
The new Senior College centre reflects the school’s ongoing commitment to next generation learning and high-quality resources.